Are you looking for ways to remove tan? Try these effective tan removal home remedies.
Summer is the perfect time to relax, unwind, and soak in the sun. But long hours in the sun can cause tanning and other skin issues like dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Harmful UV rays also strip your skin of its moisture content and make it appear dull and lifeless. Therefore, it is important to take care of your skin in summer. But how can you get rid of the stubborn summer tan? Fret not! There are a plethora of effective tan removal home remedies that can restore your radiant complexion. I have compiled a list of tan removal home remedies that will effectively remove tan from all over your body – be it your face, neck, legs, arms, or hands.
- Honey and papaya mask
Honey and papaya are excellent glow-booster tan removal home remedies that can help remove tan without any hassle. Applying honey to your skin will provide relief from dryness and irritation because it has soothing and nourishing benefits for the skin. Honey is also rich in antioxidants, which means it can combat damage caused to the skin by free radicals and oxidative stress. Papaya is another popular ingredient that helps remove tan. The enzymes, beta-carotene, vitamins, and phytochemicals in papaya have skin-lightening properties.
- ½ cup papaya
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Mash half a cup of papaya with the help of a fork.
- Add honey to the mashed papaya and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Apply this mixture over the tanned areas. Let it sit on your skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Oatmeal and buttermilk mask
This oatmeal and buttermilk mask is one of the most effective tan removal home remedies. Since oatmeal has excellent exfoliating and skin cleansing properties, it is a good option to remove stubborn tan. Lactic acid, found in abundance in buttermilk, helps to improve skin tone, remove tan, and soften the skin.
- 2 teaspoons oatmeal
- 3 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- For about five minutes, soak two teaspoons of oatmeal or oats in a half-cup of water.
- Then, add a couple of teaspoons of fresh, unflavored buttermilk. Mix well.
- To make the pack more hydrating, you can also add honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your arms, neck, face, and other tanned areas to remove tan.
- Let it stay for about 20 minutes. Rub it in a circular motion and wash off with lukewarm water to reveal fresh, brighter-looking skin.
- Tomato curd and oatmeal face mask
Are you looking for a natural way to remove tan? Tomatoes are one of the most popular tan removal home remedies. Since tomatoes are loaded with antioxidants and are super rich in vitamins and minerals, they can remove tan and instantly brighten your complexion. When combined with curd and oatmeal, tomatoes give spectacular results.
- 1 medium-sized ripe tomato
- 1 teaspoon oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon curd
- Take one ripe tomato. Mash it till it becomes a pulp.
- To this pulp, add one teaspoon oatmeal and one teaspoon curd. Mix well.
- Let this mixture rest for five minutes.
- Then evenly apply it to your face and other tanned areas.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- For best results, apply this mask twice a week.
Try these simple yet effective tan removal home remedies to achieve a healthy, flawless, and radiant complexion. If you want to learn more about tan removal home remedies or treatments to remove tan, schedule a consultation with me here.