From keratin for hair to keratin treatment side effects, here’s the answer to all your queries!
What is a keratin treatment?
Are you looking for the ‘best keratin treatment near me’? Before you go for this procedure, it is important to know what keratin treatment actually means. Keratin for hair is a chemical process that smooths and straightens frizzy hair. Keratin is a fibrous protein that makes up your hair, skin, and nails. It is a protective protein and acts as a shield against humidity, which is the primary cause of frizz.
Over time, due to factors like sun exposure, environment, styling, and chemical services, your hair can lose keratin. This leads to the development of porous spots. These spots are often associated with frizzy, damaged, and tangled hair. To combat these issues, you can try keratin for hair.
What are the benefits of keratin for hair?
Keratin treatment works by filling the porous gaps in your hair strands. This leads to smooth and frizz-free hair. Keratin for hair has incredible benefits and can truly transform your strands. Here’s a list of some of the top benefits of keratin for hair that will make you google ‘best keratin treatment near me’:
- Straighter hair: Depending on the type of products used, this treatment can effectively straighten curly or wavy hair.
- Prevents frizzy hair: Humidity is one of the major causes of frizzy hair. Keratin for hair protects your hair against humidity and keeps frizz at bay.
- Smooths out the hair cuticle: Sun exposure, environmental stressors, hair dye, and other chemical treatments strip your hair of naturally-occurring keratin. This makes your hair porous and more vulnerable to breakage and damage. Keratin for hair works to refill these porous areas that have lost keratin. The treatment smooths out the hair cuticle and leads to silky, smooth hair.
- Smoother curls: Unlike popular belief, keratin treatment doesn’t always result in super straight hair. Keratin for hair can also work wonders on curly hair. Some formulations can reduce frizziness and make your curls softer and more manageable.
- Strengthens your hair: Struggling with damaged hair that breaks easily? It is time to start looking for the ‘best keratin treatment near me’. Since this treatment replenishes the keratin in your hair shaft, your hair becomes stronger and less prone to breakage. As your hair strands are less likely to break after this treatment, it can boost hair growth. It also makes your hair appear thicker.
- Shinier hair: Keratin for hair smoothens and strengthens your hair and imparts a lustrous shine to your locks.
What is the procedure for keratin for hair?
Once you have done your research on the ‘best keratin treatment near me’, the procedure for this treatment is quite simple. The treatment is performed by a professional stylist. The first step involves hair cleansing. Your hair is shampooed twice to get rid of dirt and product buildup. After this, the keratin solution is applied to your wet hair and combed through. Finally, heat is used to further shape the hair, first with a blow dryer and then with a flatiron to seal the treatment in and create a humidity-resistant finish with smooth silky strands.
What are the common keratin treatment side effects?
Before searching for the ‘best keratin treatment near me’, you should be aware of the common keratin treatment side effects. Salon keratin treatments contain large amounts of formaldehyde that can have a negative impact on your health. According to the American Cancer Society, formaldehyde is a known carcinogen. One of the biggest keratin treatment side effects is that the formaldehyde present in it may cause cancer or help cancer to grow. Exposure to formaldehyde can lead to various health issues. Here are some of the most common keratin treatment side effects:
- Eye irritation
- Sore throat
- Chest pain
Keratin treatment side effects are reported both by clients who receive the treatment and professionals who provide the treatment. Keratin treatment side effects tend to happen during or shortly after a keratin treatment using products containing formaldehyde. However, it is unclear whether these keratin treatment side effects are long-term.
Where to find the best keratin treatment near me?
Are you constantly googling ‘best keratin treatment near me’ without any satisfactory results? To find the best keratin treatment and learn more about the benefits of keratin for hair, visit ISAAC Luxe or book a consultation session here.