Hair loss is a problem that is plaguing many youngsters.
The normal age for hair loss is coming down and as it appears to be an insignificant problem, it is causing stress to many youngsters.
More and more younger people are falling prey to this.
One of the best ways through which you can fight hair loss is hair transplant.
What is a hair transplant?
Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure. It helps by moving follicles of hair from the donor area to the part of the scalp where hair fall is less.
This is done to individuals who have a significant amount of hair loss, hair thinning, or a bald spot.
Why is hair transplant Important?
Aesthetics and health are vital when living in a society. Hair transplantation assists those who may be lacking in these two aspects regarding hair.
Not only this but it can be performed when there is hair loss due to a disease, injury, burn, or other factors.
The surgeon performs hair transplantation only after cleaning the scalp and injecting anesthesia to numb the area.
Who should get a hair transplant?
The decision to get hair transplantation done is a major one. So, it is only advisable for those people who experience rapidly thinning hair.
Men who have male pattern baldness and women who have thinning hair can opt for this.
The candidate will also be a good one if he/she has lost some hair due to a burn or from a scalp injury.
Types of Hair Transplants
There are two different types of hair transplants available. They are:
- Slit Grafts: This term refers to rectangular or linear grafts. It can have anything between two to six hair follicles. This method is mainly used for those people who have curly hair.
- Micro grafts: This method involves the use of an electric punch to remove hair from the donor hair which is then inserted into the recipient area.
Possible Method of Hair Transplant in Mumbai
Mentioned below are the methods ofi:
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant)
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
- Bio FUE
- Bio FUT
- Bio FUE + FUT
- Facial hair and Body Hair transplantation
- Revision hair transplantation
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant): FUT hair transplant in Mumbai is one of the main methods for transplanting hair. It is otherwise known as the strip method. The best transplant center in Mumbai offers this method. This method includes cutting a strip of skin from the donor area. This strip of hair follicles, after extraction, gets transplanted to the hair follicles in the recipient area.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction): This is also another primary method of hair transplants. Here, individual hair follicles harvested from the donor area will be transplanting in the recipient area. This procedure is the best hair transplant in Navi Mumbai for people who want fewer hair follicles.
- Bio FUE: In this method, the hair is extracted with a special technique. This technique ensures that the hair stays strong and healthy. Here, the best hair transplant surgeons in Mumbai pay special attention to the growth factors affecting each hair follicle. It is a very customized technique.
- Bio FUT: This is a combination of biotherapy and the FUT method. The hair transplanted undergoes biotherapy which ensures the best results for your hair. The healing and recovery time is also brought down. Growth cells get injected into the donor in this method. This can be done by the best hair transplant surgeon in Mumbai.
- Facial and Body Hair Transplant: Facial is also commonly done. These procedures are best performed using Follicular Unit grafting. Several patients choose the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique when opting for facial hair transplants. This is to avoid the linear donor scar on the scalp. This method works for transplanting hair on the face and body, as well.
Revision Hair Transplantation: The best hair transplant doctor in Mumbai carries out Revision Hair Transplantation. This is very common to have a hair transplant in Mumbai. This procedure is mostly undertaken to correct any issues from a previous hair transplant. People get this done to increase hair density or to have a more natural look.
The procedure of Hair Transplant in Mumbai that Doctor Performs
Like everything else, hair transplants also follow a procedure. This is to get optimal results that cater to your individual needs. At the best hair transplant clinic in Mumbai, the procedure followed is:
- First one of the best hair transplant doctors in Mumbai will analyze the condition of your scalp.
- Then the doctor will go through your complete medical history.
- After a complete analysis, the doctor decides the number of grafts needed to conduct your hair transplantation process.
- After conducting some blood tests, the doctor analyses your present medical condition.
- If everything up to the doctor’s expectations he/she suggests going for hair transplantation that is suitable for you.
Factors Affecting Hair Transplant in Mumbai
Every individual is unique. Their needs will vary, so will their hair. There are many factors that affect costs for each person. Here are some of them:
- Number of grafts required – We all are aware that the hair on the human body grows in follicles. Each follicle is said to contain between 1 to 4 hair strands. Thus, when calculating the hair transplant in Mumbai cost, it depends on the number of follicular units (or grafts) that have been transplanted.
- Type of treatment – Another important parameter to note and the very basis of the cost determination is the type of treatment one undergoes. Type of hair transplant in Mumbai varies based on how the follicles are extracted for transplant and are thereby called FUT or FUE, as mentioned before. The hair transplant cost will fluctuate depending on the treatment.
- Gender of the patient – This certainly has an effect on the Best hair transplant in Mumbai cost, with the female hair transplant being slightly costlier than the male transplant. This varies due to the difference in hair length and other factors that affect growth.
- Qualifications and experience of the doctor – The qualification of the doctor is an important factor in price determination. A well-qualified and experienced plastic surgeon can carry out the procedure in a much better and aesthetic way as compared to others. Undoubtedly, the aesthetics matter. It is due to the fact that this procedure can completely alter the way you look.
- Facilities at the clinic – The hair treatment cost in Mumbai also depends on the facilities provided by the clinic where the procedure is being carried out. The cost will definitely be higher for a clinic with state-of-the-art tools and good facilities.
- Donor area – A critical component of the hair transplant in Mumbai procedures is the donor area, from where the healthy hair follicles are extracted for transplant. Thus, it is also a determinant of hair transplant cost in Mumbai
Hair Transplant Cost in Mumbai
The cost varies according to the treatment chosen. The factors that affect the cost have been fully stated above.
There may be additional factors unique to the treatment which an individual chooses. Hair transplant costs in Mumbai typically range between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 for 1000 grafts.
This price range is an approximate value of all the different methods.
- For the FUE method, the hair transplant cost in Mumbai is Rs.40,000. It can range up to Rs.50,000.
- Robotic FUE hair transplant in Mumbai costs in Mumbai range from Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 1,00,000. Robotic are on the more expensive side.
- The FUT method costs around Rs. 30,000 for a 1000 grafts.
- For Facial and Body Hair transplant the price range starts from Rs. 1500 and extends up to Rs. 5,500. This is a low-cost hair transplant in Mumbai.
|Number of Grafts||Hair Transplant cost (in Rs)|
|1000||30,000 – 1,00,000|
Post-Operative Guidelines or Post-Operative Care
1. Immediately following surgery, it is best to go home and rest. Do only minimal activities until the next morning.
2. To decrease the swelling you might experience, sleep with your head elevated at a 45-degree angle for 1- 3 nights following surgery.
3. Do not use any aspirin-containing products or drink alcohol for 3-5 days following surgery.
Hair Transplant in Mumbai – Biggest advancement in Surgical Procedures –
“Aesthetic Hair Implants- AHI Technique
- This type of hair transplant in Mumbai treatment can place up to 3,000 to 5,000 hairs at a go.
- This method is highly efficient and precise.
- Healing of the donor area is quick in this hair transplant procedure.
- Extraction marks are close to invisible.
- The hair planted starts growing after 3 months at the rate of ½ inch per month.
- It is possible to cut or trim transplanted hair after growth.
- There is no requirement of any medicines to maintain the growth of hair using this hair transplant technique
- There is a higher survival rate of hair implants
Qualifications Required for a Physician to Perform Hair transplantation
As hair transplantation is a highly skilled process. It is important to have good physicians to perform it. One cannot make compromises in this procedure. The person carrying out this process must have the adequate qualifications and skills. A physician who is performing hair transplantation should have these specific qualification:
- The physician should have completed postgraduate training in dermatology.
- The physician should have reasonable training in dermatosurgery. This should be at a center that also provides educational training in cutaneous surgery.
- The physician should have particular hands-on training/experience in hair transplantation under an experienced hair transplant surgeon.
- Along with these, the physician’s training should have included instructions in local anesthesia as well as emergency resuscitation and care.
Advantages of Hair Transplant
- Hair Regrowth will be natural: One of the main advantages of getting a is the natural-looking hairline. Surgery involves transplantation from the donor site. Due to this the texture and look will perfectly match the existing hair.
- Downtime is minimized: Another added advantage of hair transplant in Mumbai is that you can resume normal activities after taking bed rest for a few days.
- Free of Pain and Scars: As the transplantation is performed under local anesthesia the patient will not feel any pain. While there will be no visible scars as the transplantation is performed by the best hair transplant doctor in Mumbai.
- Inexpensive choice in the Long-Run: Hair transplant in Mumbai is a maintenance-free hair loss treatment. It will last for longer. Other methods require immense maintenance and become costlier over time.
- Alter Aesthetics: You will feel more confident and have a youthful appearance if you get the transplantation done by the best hair transplant surgeon in Mumbai.
- Boost Self-esteem: You can gain your self-confidence and regain a youthful appearance. You should invest your trust in the best hair transplant clinic in Mumbai for this.
- Simple Process: The process is quite simple. It involves transferring hair follicles from the donor to the recipient site. Additionally, the patient hardly feels anything as it is performed by the best hair transplant doctor in Mumbai under local anesthesia.
- Assured Regrowth: Once the procedure is completed the patient does not have to go for another treatment. The hair will continue growing throughout its lifetime.
Disadvantages of Hair Transplant in Mumbai
- Time of recovery: In most cases, people resume normal work after 3 days post the surgery. However, it is possible that one could face swelling, pain, bruising, etc.
- Expenses involved: The main disadvantage of this surgery is the cost involved. The hair transplantation can get very expensive.
- Long Waiting Period: The whole transplantation procedure can take up to 2 years if the surgeon is a renowned one due to delay in appointment. The entire process takes 3-4 months.
- New Hairline: One more disadvantage of this surgery is that the old hairline cannot be achieved. The transplant will be in between the old hairline and the current one.
Causes of Hair Loss
Hair loss could be due to different factors. The average amount of hair fall is 50-100 hairs a day. This is not that visible as new hair grows at the same time.
A hair loss happens when the new hair does not replace the hair that has already fallen out. Let us look at the different factors of hair loss:
- Heredity: One of the main causes of hair loss is due to the hereditary condition called androgenic alopecia. This happens with aging and leads to a receding hairline, bald spots, or thinning hair.
- Age: The hair follicles stop growing hair after a certain age. This leads to thinning hair. With growing age, the hair loses its color as well. This leads to hair loss.
- Hairstyles and treatments: This factor also leads to hair loss. If the individual gets frequent hair coloring, pulls hair for different styles, hot-oil treatment, etc. can lead to hair loss.
- Hormonal Imbalance and Medical Conditions: This factor is one of the common ones. An imbalance known as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) can lead to thinning hair or loss of hair.
- Medications and Supplements: Medications for different treatments like cancer, depression, arthritis, heart problems, etc. can also lead to hair loss. These medicines have a side effect on hair.
- Stressful Event: if a person has had a physical or emotional shock it can lead to hair thinning. This hair loss is temporary.
Symptoms of Hair Loss
The symptoms of hair loss can be determined in different ways. It might come gradually depending on the cause. Moreover, it affects the scalp only or the whole body as well. The following are some symptoms of hair loss:
- Hair thinning on top of the head: This symptom is the most common one. The hair recedes at the hairline on the forehead for men. For women, there is broadening of a part in the hair.
- Bald Spots: Depending on people, some lose hair in a patchy or circular bald spot. This might happen on the scalp, beard, eyebrows, etc.
- Sudden Hair Loss: The cause for this is a physical or an emotional shock. This is temporary but suddenly a handful amount of hair might come out while combing/washing the hair.
- Hair loss of Full-body: Medications/ Treatments may lead to full-body hair loss. In most cases, the hair grows back.
- Scaling Patches: The patches of scaling spread over the scalp due to ringworm. Other symptoms may include broken hair, swelling, redness, oozing at times, etc.
Treatment of Hair Loss
There are different methods available to treat hair loss. One might be able to slow it or reverse the hair loss. For some conditions and symptoms, the hair may grow back without any treatment.
The treatment for hair loss comprises medications and surgery. The treatments are as follows:
- Minoxidil: This comes in three forms, liquid, shampoo, and foam. The product helps people to regrow hair, reduce hair loss, or both. This can be used by men and women.
- Finasteride: This is a medicine for men. One can take it in a pill form. This might take a few months to work. This will help in reducing hair loss or growing new hair.
- Other Medicines: Other medications available are spironolactone (Aldactone, Carospir) oral dutasteride (Avodart).
- Hair Transplant: This is the best and most common type of treatment. To get the best results, one should get a hair transplant in Mumbai.
- Laser Therapy: This treatment helps in hair loss in men and women caused by hereditary. It improves the density of hair.
Density required for Hair Transplant in Mumbai or anywhere on the earth
The number of follicular units, i.e, per mm2 remains constant in the process of balding. Whereas in the thinning of hair it is noticeable as the number of hair per follicular unit decreases.
Before the hair becomes thin visibly, an individual can lose up to almost 50% of their hair. Due to this, it is important that the donor’s unaffected area has a follicular unit density of 0.5/mm2 in the frontal hairline.
This is necessary to get a hair density of 1/mm2 for it to appear normal.
Dr. Geetika Mittal Gupta Mumbai’s Best Hair Transplant Surgeon
Dr. Geetika Mittal Gupta is a cosmetologist and the founder Of ISAAC Luxe. She is an award-winning cosmetologist specializing in medical dermatology. Primarily,
Dr. Geetika Mittal Gupta offers luxury services to her clients which are customized to cater to their individual needs. She remains up-to-date in all matters regarding technology and her craft. Her service is seamless and constantly maintains a high standard.
By the same token, Dr. Geetika Mittal Gupta is adept in the art of hair transplantation. Her clinic is the best hair transplant clinic in Mumbai. It offers the most exclusive facilities and options for hair transplant in Mumbai procedures. Not to mention the fact that her services are utterly professional.
The impressive work ethic coupled with her unparalleled skill helps in providing top-notch services to her clients. Above all, her prices are some of the best cost of hair transplant in Mumbai. Even if it extends a little high, it will be worth it as the service she provides is incomparable.
This is why she is the best hair transplant surgeon in Mumbai.
Causes of male pattern baldness
As we have often noted, baldness usually occurs in males. Though everyone loses hair, it is more evident in men. Here are some of the reasons for male pattern baldness listed below:
- Genetics: Baldness can be naturally inherited. Those with a family history of baldness tend to experience this more. As each hair on our head has a growth cycle when baldness is inherited. The cycle starts to weaken. The hair follicles begin to shrink and fall off. Our hair composition is all part of our genes.
- Increase in Androgen production: Androgens is a sex hormone. This regulates hair growth. In some cases, if this is produced in large quantities, it can lead to baldness.
Indications for getting a Hair Transplant
Hair transplant in Mumbai surgeries are very popular and in-demand. Especially at the best hair transplant clinic in Mumbai. Visiting an expert who understands your situation is vital. It is always advisable to opt for this surgery if you experience the following indications:
- Male pattern (MPB) and female pattern baldness (FAGA)
- Beard reshaping
- Scar reconstruction – Burns/Injury scars
- Long-standing cases of Alopecia Areata
- Hairline corrections
- Mustache reshaping
- Eyebrow and eyelash transplant
- Revision hair transplant
Stages of male pattern baldness
According to the Norwood Scale, there are seven stages for male pattern baldness. They find mention below:
- Stage 1. In this stage, there is no significant hair loss or recession of the hairline.
- Stage 2. In the second stage, a slight recession of the hairline around the temples gets noticed. This is otherwise known as an adult or mature hairline.
- Stage 3. This is the stage where the first signs of clinically significant balding appear. The hairline becomes deeply recessed at both temples. It will resemble an M, U, or V shape.
- Stage 3 vertex. The hairline stays at stage 2, but there is significant hair loss on the top of the scalp (the vertex).
- Stage 4. The hairline recession is more severe in this case. There will be sparse hair or no hair on the vertex. The two areas of hair loss are separated by a band of hair.
- Stage 5. The two areas of hair loss become more prominent here. They are still separated, though the band of hair between them is now evidently narrower and sparser.
- Stage 6. The balding areas at the temples join with the balding area at the vertex at this stage. The band of hair in between is gone.
- Stage 7. The most severe stage of hair loss. Only a band of hair going around the sides of the head remains. This hair is usually fine.
Feedback for being the best hair transplant doctor in Mumbai/ See what our patients have to say
“ I was searching for a good doctor for hair transplant in Mumbai and after deep research, I found out about Dr. Geetika. I went see her for my concerns about my hair.
Dr. Geetika is very patient to answer all the questions I had regarding my hairline issue. She was quick to see the issue and prescribe me what I needed. The transplant was very effective and I am thoroughly satisfied.
The procedure was absolutely painless. First time here and felt the warm welcome from the girls at the front desk and the doctor as well. Fantastic Staff, comfortable atmosphere, and quality service.
The Customer Service alone is enough to keep coming back. Dr. Geetika just raises the bar on patient care. She is informative, comforting, and very thorough. I felt at ease in their care.
I would definitely recommend it.”
“I was suffering from severe hair loss. One of my friends referred me to Dr. Geetika Mittal who is known to be the best doctor of hair transplant in Mumbai. When I spoke to Dr. Geetika, she identified the problem and suggested the best method to fix my condition. She further recommended treatment. In just 1 sitting, I could see a considerable difference. Each sitting was 1 hour and the doctors & technicians are thorough professionals. They know what they’re doing.
There is a huge difference to my hair and my attitude towards hair care has drastically improved. All thanks to Dr. Geetika.
If you’re looking for quality and don’t want to compromise on safety, then you should visit her.”